Toddler programs are designed to recognize the short attention span of children between one and three years old, and to allow considerable flexibility. A typical day’s basic pattern includes:
- Self-directed play with a variety of materials
- More structured exploration: water play, play dough, a child-centered simple project
- Group time: snack and a song, conversation or book
- Outdoor time in the playground, or a walk
- Lunch (group time)
- Nap time
- Transition upon waking: rocking, a book, etc.
- Outdoor time and/or independent play; possible visit to or from a preschool group
- Afternoon snack (group time)
- Table toys for small motor skills, story, focus on close relationships and “unwinding” time until parent arrives
Toilet training is not a prerequisite for entry into any program. Our staff is trained to handle diapering and toileting children in a relaxed and friendly way, while observing strict hygienic procedures.