It is a good idea to put your name on our waiting list as soon as you know you might be looking for a spot. You can call the school at 860-685-3710, or you can download a .pdf-version of our waitlist form, fill it out, and mail it in.
According to NPS policies, open positions in the programs are offered to families in the following order of preference.
Please note that a child’s position on the waitlist can be affected by the changing numbers of children in the categories above his or her own.
- Children already enrolled in NPS are offered first enrollment priority for the following year.
- Children of Wesleyan-affiliated families who already have siblings enrolled in the program receive second enrollment priority, in order of pre-application.
- Children of Wesleyan-affiliated families are given third priority, in order of pre-application.
- Children of non-Wesleyan affiliated families who have siblings enrolled in the program receive fourth priority, in order of pre-application.
- Children of non-Wesleyan affiliated families receive fifth priority, in order of pre-application.
Because of the small size of our programs and the current need for childcare in the university community, we are not always able to accommodate the needs of all of the families who apply. When an opening does become available, even if it is a small amount of time or number of days, we offer it in order of the priority list outlined above. Should a family accept an available opening for a child but prefer additional time, they will have first priority when space becomes available, as their child is now enrolled in NPS (Category 1).
As soon as an opening becomes available, we inform parents by phone. We realize that being placed on a waitlist is a very frustrating experience and we do our best to give each family a realistic assessment of their chances of enrolling at NPS. If you have any questions about our policy, please feel free to call at 860-685-3710. You can direct email to email@example.com.